Partner Yoga Teacher Training Curriculum
Principle-Based Partner Yoga™ is a visionary healing art that combines ancient Yogic wisdom with modern mind/body understanding. The training is designed not just for Yoga teachers, but for everyone (minimum one year Yoga practice) interested in an in-depth exploration of Partner Yoga. Currently the only in-depth Partner Yoga course available, this five-seven day training is an opportunity to develop skills in this unique healing art - an art that expands the traditional practice of Yoga into the realm of relationship and authentic connection with others.
Partner Yoga is not a substitute for individual Yoga practice - it is an accelerated path to experience directly the root principle of Yoga - union. It deepens and sensitizes our individual practice while awakening our direct experience of how we are all intimately connected.This training will deeply inspire your practice and your life while providing tools to expand personally and professionally.
All participants receive a free listing on 'Partner Yoga Touch', our state-of-the-art iPhone app.
The purpose of this course is to empower individuals with the skills and confidence needed to share Partner Yoga with others while accelerating their own understanding of Yoga. A comprehensive training Manual is provided at the training.
- Understanding and implementing the principles of Partner Yoga
- Cultivating clear, compassionate and confident touch/boundary and safety guidelines
- Overview of various approaches to Partner Yoga including: skillful assisting and adjusting, Partner Vinyasa, Mirrored postures, Creative composition of postures, Inversions and Group Practices
- Practice of the postures presented in 'The Pleasures and Principles of Partner Yoga' and additional postures presented in the Training Manual
- Safely navigating Partner Inversions and Aerial postures
- Creating private and public class/workshop formats and themes
- Guiding group dynamics
- Projecting voice and presence with confidence
- Physical/energetic warm-ups including Thai Yoga Massage techniques
- Partner and Group Meditations
- Partner alignment skills for strength, balance and flexibility
- Understanding the dynamics of gravity and traction in Partner practices
- Physical and subtle anatomy of the pelvis and sacrum
Testimonials from 2009 Teacher Training Participants:
“I have learned more about my individual practice through this Partner Yoga training than all of my traditional Yoga training combined."
-Shelby Ceraffati, Yoga Teacher
"Thank you for an amazing and transformational experience - from one to two to one. Let’s take the world hand by hand into harmony and unity."
-Tom Zamir, Musician and Partner Yoga Teacher
"Whatever I imagined this Partner Yoga journey to be, it continues to exceed my wildest dreams. I am so grateful you are putting this out into the world."
-Lisa Fierer. Writer, Yoga Teacher
"Thank you Elysabeth, for creating change in the world - for giving us such beautiful and magical ways to know and support ourselves and each other."
-Joanna Kennedy, Life Coach/Tantra Teacher